Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ELF Mascara Reviews (Eyes Lips Face)

Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo Review
It's a decent mascara at a great price. I remember reading an article about how often you should throw out your makeup, the wet ones go bad faster than the dry, and the ones around the eyes are the most troubling, so having such a cheap, good mascara means I can throw out the old stuff without feeling like I am wasting too much.

Last time, I ordered the mineral version (which is still cheap at 3 dollars) but I can't see that much of a difference. This one clumps a little more, but I have an eyelash separator I don't mind using.

ELF Mineral Infused Mascara Review
I really liked this mascara. The brush doesn't have long bristles, but it actually helped in the application by not clumping a bunch of mascara onto your lashes. They also stayed on all day long through work and dinner. At the end of the night, I did have some trouble removing it with my makeup remover (non waterproof one) but mainly because it started smudging onto my face. It wasn't bad at all though. I like how the short bristles of the brush separate out each of my lashes.

ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
I got this "mascara" thinking it would be good for my lashes, since clear mascara seems better for my lashes as they're already nice and dark. Both sides of the tube have the same type of product, the eyebrow brush is more rectangular-ish and the lash brush is a regular lash brush. It holds my brows perfectly in place though sometimes it feels like its weighing them down. For the eyelashes...it didn't really do much for me. Trying to make my lashes look different with the gel made my lashes begin clumping up, and because the brush is still clear, I ended up finding an eyelash stuck in between the bristles a few days ago (and TBH it freaked me out haha). Bottom line: great for brows, maybe try something else for lashes.

ELF Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
To me this mascara is just an average mascara, nothing really special about it. On the positive side, it doesn't clump lashes, goes on smooth and evenly. It's easy to remove as well. If your going for a very natural look this might be good for you. I don't really care for the brush, I feel like not enough mascara goes on. For me I don't get enough volume and lengthening. I have to curl my lashes otherwise it looks droopy.

Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara Review
The wand on this mascara is amazing. I love the way it applies. The bristles are far enough apart that you don't get those big globs and hunks. The bottle opening is small enough that when you remove the wand, you don't get excess gunk. I've used TONS of expensive mascaras. This one stands up to all of them. I can't believe the price. Two coats of this and my lashes are ready for the day! It stays put too! If anything, I sometimes I have trouble removing it all, but I won't hold that against them.

Related Posts